Read Gilberto's account of the accident

Gilberto wrote about the events of February 8th in English and in Spanish

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Lessons learned from Laura's daughter Shannon

There is so much I'd like to say and share with everyone about the things that I've learned and seen through this experience. But if I had to sum it all up, I'd have to say that I am so amazed to learn that Heavenly Father prepares us for these hard times. Time and time again I just am in awe when I realize that, "oh hey...so what didn't make sense a couple months ago, makes sense now!" I know that the only reason why I have been able to put up with everything that's been going on is because Heavenly Father has slowly been preparing me for this moment. I was telling my aunt the other night how just in the last 6 months I have slowly grown closer to my youngest sister Priscillla. For no reason in particular, I just decided to take her under my care and do everything I could for her. She began to respond more to me and I grew to love her intensively. I became very protective of her and we spent every extra moment playing together! Now, with the accident, Priscilla has been able to be responsive to me when I needed her to because we had created this relationship. I can tell she really needs me and sees me as her second mom. I cant truly describe how grateful I am that I can help her the way I can because we began to trust in each other early on. I know that Heavenly Father has prepared us both to help each other. There's lots more instances such as this one, but for now maybe that's good:) ...I confess that during this time I feel anxious and worried about my mom, and that all the prayers, the little signs of love, how vast this thing has become--it all comforts me more than anything else. I admit my strength somewhat relies on these little" pick-me-ups" if you will:) haha, I can't help but just feel so much happiness through this testimony that God has created us in a way where are spirits are all connected, and that there is something so pure and marvelous about the way we all help each other go back home to Him. Thanks everyone




Lecciones aprendidas por Shannon la hija de Laura. Hay tanto que me gustaría decir y compartir con cada todos y cada uno de ustedes acerca de las cosas que he aprendido y visto a través de esta experiencia. Pero si tengo que resumirlo, diría que estoy sorprendida de saber que nuestro Padre Celestial nos prepara para los tiempos difíciles. Otra vez me quedo sin habla cuando pienso: “Eh…lo que no tenía ningún sentido hace dos meses es completamente lógico ahora”. Yo sé que la única razón por la que he podido seguir adelante con todo lo que está pasando, es que mi Padre Celestial me ha venido preparando para esto poco a poco. Le decía a mi tía la otra noche como en los últimos 6 meses reforcé mi relación con mi hermana menor Priscilla. Por ninguna razón en particular, decidí tomarla bajo mi cuidado y hacer todo lo que pudiera por ella. Ella comenzó a responderme y yo la ame aún más que antes. Me convertí en su protectora y cada momento libre lo pasamos jugando. Ahora con el accidente, Priscilla me responde positivamente a causa de la relación que construimos juntas. Puedo decir que ella me ve y me necesita como su segunda mama. No puedo describir cuan agradecida estoy de poder ayudarla en la forma que lo estoy haciendo y todo porque comenzamos a confiar una en la otra de un tiempo para acá. Sé que nuestro Padre Celestial nos ha preparado para ayudarnos una a la otra. Confieso que durante estos días me he sentido ansiosa y preocupada por mi mama, y que todas las oraciones y pequeñas muestras de amor (que grande todo se ha vuelto) me consuelan más que ninguna otra cosa. Admito que mi fuerza descansa en cada uno de estos detalles. No puedo más que sentirme muy feliz a través del testimonio de que nuestro Padre Celestial nos creó de forma que nuestros espíritus (el mío y el de ustedes) están todos conectados, y que hay algo puro y maravilloso sobre la forma en que nos ayudamos unos a otros para regresar a Él. Gracias a todos.

No comments:

Post a Comment